NodeJS Platform Developer – Google Cloud
Salary: £80,000 – £100,000
We are looking for a Backend Nodejs Developer to design, implement and support complex suites of backend services served by RESTful APIs using NodeJS in frameworks such as Express and MoleculerJS (microservices framework). You will work with colleagues and our customers to design and create modern, containerised services that are scalable and maintainable
You should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and good problem-solving skills.
• Experience of creating RESTful APIs using Express or similar
• A firm grasp of microservices and how to architect them
• Experience of using both relational and non-relational databases
• A good understanding of source control methodologies including branching and pull requests
• Experience of containerisation (e.g. Docker)
• Experience of working in Google Cloud environments and using services such as Cloud Tasks (queues), Pub/Sub, Kubernetes, etc.
• Experience with creating unit tests and automated test suites
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
• Collaborate with a team of developers and designers to create web services and microservices
• Design the logic and data layers for complex applications
• Design services to be able to run standalone or in cloud environments
• Translate the client’s technical requirements into code
• Create unit tests and regression test suites
• Produce clear and comprehensive design documentation
• Respond to support issues raised by customers or automated monitoring software
• Occasional travel to customer sites.
• Participation in an on-call rota for 24×7 support.
A fantastic opportunity for a NodeJS backend developer to join a fast growing company offering rich opportunities to cross train and grow within the company expanding both the breadth and depth of your skills as well as opportunities to team lead and manage.